Sunday, March 1, 2009

Randy Pausch's Last Lecture


This is a great lecture. The main thing that I loved was that we should have fun no matter what we do. I loved how he used his childhood dreams to teach about life and to really just tell his story. This is an amazing man who has accomplished many things over the years. In case you do not know what I am talking about, Randy Pausch is a professor at Carnegie Mellon University. He gave his "Last Lecture" when he found out that he had, at that time, been diagnosed with cancer.
Many of his teaching methods encouraged life lessons that all his students could apply throughout life. While watching the video I was captivated by his motivation even though he knew that he was about to die. That is truly amazing for a person to be so enthusiastic and to still continue to do what he does even in such bad circumstances.
My favorite lesson was the brick wall illustration. It showed me that there will always be obstacles in life. They are meant to make us better and to let you only get what you really want. I would recommend this lecture to almost anybody that i know. It is very uplifting and encouraging! In fact i have already emailed it to a few people. I would give this lecture an A+!

No comments:

Post a Comment